PANDEMIC RELIEF and NEIGHBORS IN NEED
The Minnesota Catholic Relief Fund (MCRF) is an emergency relief fund designed to meet the urgent needs of our Catholic community. Give to the fund to support Catholic parishes and schools financially stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic or to provide direct support to our neighbors in greatest need in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death.
Guide Your Clients’ Faith-inspired Philanthropy
Many Catholics hunger to experience the joy of philanthropy — and are looking to do so in ways that make financial sense now and into the future. When you refer Catholic clients to the Catholic Community Foundation (CCF), you’re not only helping them achieve their charitable goals and dreams but also increasing your value as a trusted advisor.
Why Partner with CCF?
We offer a wide range of tax-advantaged giving options that help your clients give well and make an impact.
As a leader in faith-consistent investing, we ensure your clients’ philanthropy aligns with their Catholic faith and values.
of high-net-worth individuals feel the topic of philanthropy should be discussed with their financial advisor within the first several meetings.
of high-net-worth individuals — up from 31% in 2013 — indicate they would be more likely to choose an advisor who is knowledgeable about charitable giving.
Source: The 2018 U.S. Trust study of the Philanthropic Conversation
We Help You Add Value
Together, Everyone Benefits
As a community foundation, we value the power of partnership. It is in partnership that we often find creative ways to connect strategy and heart in order to generate value for our entire community. Here are a few ideas for how you might partner with CCF to add value for your clients.
- Did you know that a donor advised fund can be endowed at CCF? This can enable a family’s tradition of giving can continue for generations to come.
- Ever thought of using a donor advised fund to ensure anonymity for a family foundation? And, a donor advised fund can be a simpler alternative to a private family foundation.
- Do you have a client who doesn’t yet need the income from her IRA required minimum distributions (RMDs)? If she wants to leave a lasting legacy, she might consider directing qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) to CCF to build a permanent endowment over time.
- Looking for a way to offset a large taxable event? Pairing a donor advised fund with a taxable event — like the sale of a business or the conversion of a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA — can minimize one’s tax liability.
- Concerned about how the SECURE Act’s elimination of the stretch provision for inherited IRAs will impact your clients? If they have a generous heart a charitable remainder trust (CRAT/CRUT) might be a good solution for ensuring a more gradual, lifetime income stream. This can help spread out a newfound tax liability.