Donor Advised Funds
It’s Like A Charitable Checking Account
A donor advised fund at CCF may benefit you in a number of ways:
- It’s an efficient, consolidated system for managing charitable giving.
- All gifts to your donor advised fund are tax-deductible.
- A donor advised fund can help facilitate tax-efficient giving strategies like “bunching”.
- When you make gifts of appreciated assets, such as stock, shares in a business, or real estate, you can avoid paying taxes on the capital gains.
- Simplified tax preparation. At the end of the year, you’ll receive a gift summary – no more chasing down receipts.
- You’ll have the ability to name your fund — or give anonymously — without having to establish a Private Family Foundation.
How Donor Advised Funds Work
You make a gift to establish the fund. That gift may come in many forms: cash, appreciated stock, real estate, personal property, or some other asset of value.
You can decide when — and where —you want to direct grants from your fund using our online tool, Donor Central.
Ideal for Family Philanthropy
In this way, future generations share the joy of philanthropy, and witness first-hand their parents’ commitment to helping those in need.
The Beginning of a Legacy
When you establish your donor advised fund, you can choose successor advisors. Then, when you pass away, your successor advisors will carry on your philanthropy – and your values.
And, many donors choose to permanently endow their donor advised fund, either later in life or after they pass away. In this way, they ensure their gift lives on forever, providing perpetual support to their favorite causes.
Ready to Begin?
If you’re ready to open a donor advisded fund, you can start the application process now. Simply download the form to begin.