Parish Net Zero Covenant Grants
$6,500 to pay for the Net Zero Pathway service
Faithful to Church teaching, the Parish Net Zero Covenant Grant Program is an initiative to help four parishes in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis reduce their energy consumption and discern pathways to reach net zero in carbon emissions. Leading by example, the Vatican is committed to reach net zero.
By pursuing net zero, parishes can:
- Save money to more fully support mission and ministry.
- Educate the faithful about why Catholic social teaching is essential to the Church’s mission.
- Evangelize through prophetic action, especially to young people who care deeply about creation but are increasingly disaffiliated from the Church.
Join us on Wednesday, September 20 at 2:00 PM to learn more about the Parish Net Zero Covenant Grant Program.
Parishes can apply for a Parish Net Zero Covenant grant on the CCF website starting September 1 with a deadline of October 15. Each of the four selected parishes will receive a grant for $6,500 to pay for the Net Zero Pathway service, and pay only $1,000. The service includes an energy audit of facilities to identify efficiency opportunities, a greenhouse gas inventory, efficiency work done with EnerChange, and a tailored plan that targets strategies to reach net zero.
The online application will not save your progress.
Please wait to begin the online application until you have gathered all information. With the information in hand, it will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and submit the online application.
We recommend that you download this PDF to review the application questions and gather the required information before beginning the online application. Required information includes:
- Parish census data, including the estimated number of members, approximate racial composition of parishioners, and approximate percentage of members who live near the poverty threshold.
- Building and facilities information.
- Information about current/completed sustainability activities.
- A written narrative of 500 words or less explaining why your parish is applying for the Net Zero grant.
Parish Net Zero Covenant Partners
The Parish Net Zero Covenant Grant Program is led by the Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota and the Catholic Climate Covenant in collaboration with Verdis Group, the Center for Mission, and EnerChange. The Catholic Climate Covenant was founded in 2006 with support from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.