A bequest, the most common form of planned gift, is a gift of assets (money and/or other property) that is made through a Will, Living Trust or other testamentary arrangement. No funds are transferred to the designated charity until after the death of the donor. The value of a bequest is generally exempt from the taxable estate of the donor.
Retained Life Estate Gifts
It is possible to give away your home or other property to CCF while retaining the right to use it for life.
- You may continue to live in your home
- No need to update your will
- Receive an immediate tax deduction
- Reduce the value of your taxable estate
- Receive recognition / acknowledgement for your gift now (if desired)
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing CCF will faithfully honor your intentions