CHARITABLE ANNUITIES & CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUSTS
INCOME NOW FROM GIFTS THAT WILL LAST FOREVER
Charitable Gift Annuities are a type of gift that provides you with a guaranteed quarterly payment for life at a fixed rate of return unaffected by fluctuating interest rates — and favorable tax treatment. Upon your death, your gift goes to whatever CCF endowment fund you designated to be the recipient of your generosity.
HOW CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES WORK
You simply make a gift of cash or appreciated securities to CCF and, in exchange, receive fixed payments on a quarterly basis for the rest of your life and a tax deduction.
- A minimum $10,000 is required to set up a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- The amount of the guaranteed payments you’d receive for the rest of your life is based on a fixed percentage of the original donation — and ranges from 4.4% to 9.0%.
- The tax deduction is determined by the predicted amount that will be available to charities upon your death.
Charitable Remainder Unitrusts are an attractive giving option for donors with highly appreciated assets, particularly stock or real estate. They allow you to make a significant charitable gift while still receiving payments from the assets you donate — and leave a legacy that will provide support to your favorite charities and causes in perpetuity.
When you create a Charitable Remainder Unitrust with CCF as Trustee, you will:
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the value of the gift
- Receive payments for life or a term of years
- Reduce the value of your estate, which may lower potential estate taxes
HOW CHARITABLE REMAINDER UNITRUSTS WORK
You can establish a Charitable Remainder Unitrust by donating assets worth at least $100,000 to the Catholic Community Foundation.
Serving as your Trustee, CCF will then sell the assets, invest the proceeds, and provide you with guaranteed payments for the rest of your life, or for a term of up to 20 years.
Payments are based on a percentage of a trust’s value, generally 5 – 6%. Upon completion of the term, remaining trust assets flow to a permanent endowment fund at the Catholic Community Foundation created in your name, which will benefit the charities and/or charitable causes you care about most.
Use our Charity Gift Calculator to see how a Charitable Remainder Trust would work for you.